Shower Cleaning Hacks
When we’re too busy in our daily lives, our showers become pretty messy and unclean. It suddenly becomes more challenging to keep those pesky stains out of our showers.
The harmful thing about dirty showers is the increased potential for infestations such as pests and molds. In the following, we’ve prepared a step-by-step list on how to clean your shower, including tips and tricks for keeping your shower in pristine shape.
You could also opt to call cleaning services for the maintenance of your home.
1. Prepare all cleaning supplies
The first step in cleaning any part of your home or furnished apartment is to prepare your cleaning equipment. Here are supplies that will definitely give you a boost in making your shower area sparkling clean:
- Rubber gloves
- Sponges and rags
- Disinfectant spray or wipes
- Glass cleaner
- Heavy bristle brush
- All-purpose cleaner
- Grout cleaner
- Tub and tile cleaner
- Toilet brush
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Bicarbonate soda
2. Remove all shampoos and soaps from your shower area
Now that we have our supplies ready, we can start the cleaning process by putting aside everything in our way of cleaning. These can be bottles of shampoos and conditioners, loofahs, and bar soaps.
This way, we can see which places in our shower area need immediate attention and which places require deep cleaning.
3. Start brushing and scrubbing!
Here comes the most challenging but equally satisfying part—the cleaning itself. Cleaning your shower area may seem tedious, but this will provide a stain-free shower area.
Not to mention, different kinds of dirt require different removal techniques. Ensure that you keep your gloves on at all times and that the room should be well ventilated to avoid inhaling too much chemical vapors.
- For cleaning tiles, bring out your all-purpose cleaner, some vinegar, and some bicarbonate soda.
- Mix them all together to form a paste and start scrubbing generously over the stains.
- To know if a spot or mark is a stain or not, check if there is any discoloration on your shower area’s wall or lining.
- Rinse well with water once the stain has been removed.
- For stubborn stains, you may opt to scrub over the area once more with more of the paste mixture. If that still does not work, that might be mold or mildew.
Removing Mold and Mildew
- A way to get rid of mold and mildew is by spraying a cleaning solution of vinegar and bicarbonate soda on it.
- Leave it for an hour to settle.
- Afterward, you can then easily scrub or wipe it off.
Removing Stains on Metal
- For removing stains on metal, cut a lemon in half and then vigorously rub it all over the metal surfaces that need some cleaning.
- Get it all over the knobs, taps, and even your showerhead to cover all surfaces.
- Additionally, you may opt to add some bicarbonate soda or all-purpose cleaning powder with drops of freshly-squeezed lemon juice for some more cleaning power.
- Afterward, wipe the surfaces clean with a rag.
4. Unclog the drain
Now that you’re done with the heavy work and have rinsed all surfaces, we must keep our drainages free of debris. If you’ve noticed that your shower isn’t draining correctly, you may use a homemade liquid drain declogger that’s guaranteed to clean your drain pipes without damaging them.
- First, pour a cup of bicarbonate soda into the blocked drain.
- Then, pour 100 mL of vinegar into the drain and wait until the chemical reaction happens.
- Once the bubbling and fizzing have stopped, pour hot water into the drain to thoroughly flush down all unwanted junk.
You could also call a plumber for more technical problems with your drainage.
5. Spice up your shower area
It’s time to put back all the bottles and loofahs you have removed from your shower area. The tiring parts are now over.
Why not freshen up your shower area with freshly-cleaned towels and rugs? Add some succulents and scented candles while you’re at it on your next payday or as part of your self-care routine.
It’s essential to clean and maintain our shower area where we groom ourselves. Cleaning doesn’t have to be as tedious as it seems with the tips mentioned above.
Of course, you could always call a professional to assist you with cleaning your shower or other areas of your home.
For more home maintenance tips, feel free to visit this page.
More resources on home improvement:
Dryer Repair Services in Dubai
Appliance Repair Services in Dubai