How to Use Lysol Wipes
Disinfecting wipes can be an essential part of cleaning and sanitizing your home. If you want to use disinfecting wipes, be sure you’re using them correctly.
First, make sure the product is a disinfecting wipe and not just a cleaning wipe. Second, read the directions on the label.
Disinfecting wipes are not all created equal, so you want to make sure you’re using them according to their specific instructions. Last but not least, don’t use one wipe to clean an entire kitchen or bathroom.
Here’s your guide on how to use Lysol wipes for disinfecting your home or furnished apartment.
How to Use Disinfectant Wipes
- On the chances your kitchen counter has any spilled food or grease splatters, you should first use an all-purpose cleaner, warm water, and microfiber cloth. The gentleness of the microfiber will eliminate any dry particles.
- It really is crucial to read the labels. Even if most wipes are generally safe on surfaces like laminate and vinyl, they aren’t safe on unfinished wood or worn surfaces.
- It’s best to test in a small area first to ensure there aren’t signs of discoloration or etching.
- As mentioned above, wipes should contain disinfectants to be proven effective. The container also must not be left open, as this will affect its disinfecting strength.
- Using only one wipe at the moment, start wiping both the vertical and horizontal surfaces. The end result should be your surface being visibly wet and shiny.
- Leave the disinfectant wipes for at least 10 minutes, especially if you’re using Lysol or Clorox. This is so the bacteria, pests, and microbes on your hard surface will be eliminated.
- Once dry, be sure to rinse the surface with fresh water and dry with a towel. This is especially true if you use the surface for eating or food preparation.
- Don’t forget to wash and dry your hands properly after any cleaning product usage.
Do you really need a disinfecting wipe?
Cleaning and disinfecting your home is vital to keeping your family safe and healthy. However, not all surfaces require the same cleaning methods.
Disinfecting wipes are a go-to for many people because they are quick and easy to use. You can also use them on multiple surfaces, including glass, stainless steel, and sealed granite countertops.
However, the label will often state that the wipes are not intended for use on porous surfaces like unsealed granite or marble countertops because the chemicals could soak into the surface and cause discoloration over time.
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) does not recommend using disinfecting wipes on food contact surfaces like cutting boards, countertops, or plates, even if you rinse them with water afterward.
This is because you could ingest small amounts of chemicals when preparing food. Instead, use soap and water or a food-safe disinfectant spray followed by a clean water rinse.
Disinfectant wipes can significantly help sanitize and disinfect parts of your home, but only if done right. It’s a great idea to buy disinfectant wipes on your next payday when cleaning surfaces.
For a more thorough cleaning process, you may also take advantage of cleaning services or disinfecting services for your well-being and safety.
For more home maintenance tips, feel free to visit this page.
More resources on home repair and maintenance:
Where to Get the Best Air Conditioning Repair in Dubai
Best Air Duct Cleaning Service in Dubai
Best Services for Oven Repair in Dubai